Innovative Virtual Company Seeks Web Producer + Designer Ninja for Ongoing Projects
Ursa Minor provides world-class integral web and branding solutions to an international clientele of thought leaders, small businesses, and entrepreneurs who are passionate about moving humanity toward our higher potentials.
We empower our clients by delivering intelligent brand strategy combined with beautiful design to produce elegant, affordable, and effective WordPress websites.
Ursa Minor is incorporated in San Francisco. However, as a virtual company, our team works from various locations around the world via web meetings and online collaboration tools.
We are a fellowship of web developers, designers, and branding professionals who want our work and talent to yield not only financial returns but also philosophical and creative fulfillment. We value integrity, authenticity, and purpose - to not simply imagine a better life for ourselves and the world, but to devote ourselves whole-heartedly to creating it.
Ursa Minor websites are produced for our customers by autonomous teams consisting of a Producer (responsible for customer liaison and project management), Brand Strategist, Designer, and Developer.
At this time we have openings for two of these roles - Producer and Designer. We are looking for either one individual to perform both roles, or two individuals to perform one of each role.
The Producer is responsible for:
- Liaison with customer, guiding and supporting customer in using the website, and managing customer expectations;
- Monitoring project progress, coordinating schedules and communication;
- Supportively leading production team, guiding creative process and specification, addressing any sources of customer or team member stress, and project problem-solving.
The Designer is responsible for:
- Coordinating with producer to understand customer’s brand strategy, and create customized design elements that optimally support it;
- For each website, such design elements will include a text-based logo, page background, header, and footer graphics, large promotional slides for a Home Page carousel, and other customized graphical elements for integration within our proprietary WordPress theme using established specifications and PSD templates;
- Collaborate with producer to specify and execute up to two revision rounds;
- Exporting and uploading completed files to developer using extablished templates, specifications, and procedures.
Priority consideration will be given to candidates who are able to perform both of these roles. This is an ideal opportunity for talented freelance web designers who have experience working directly with clients.
However, we will also consider filling these roles individually, so please don't hesitate to apply if you are interested in only one.
- 3+ years web development and/or design
- 3+ years client-facing web project management experience
- 1+ years administering CMS software, preferably WordPress
- Excellent organization, customer service, and leadership skills
- Superior communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Desire to change the world a plus
- 3+ years in graphic design; vector and raster (PSD, AI)
- 2+ years web design and usability
- 1+ years identity and logo design
- Experience with CMS theme design, preferably WordPress
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize
- Desire to change the world a plus
Position(s) are offered to independent freelance contractors on an ongoing work-for-hire engagement (You would not be an employee or agent of the company). Contractors are paid on a per-project basis for fixed deliverables. This flexible arrangement allows you to take on as many or as few projects as you like, without common risks such as underbidding or unexpected scope changes.
- Rewarding and meaningful role in a socially conscious virtual company
- Potential for transition into equity and profit-sharing position
- Steady, straight-forward work – great stable flow of cash for full-time freelancer
- Set your own hours
- Predictable earnings on a per-project basis with fixed deliverables
- Non client-facing position (Designer only)
- Participate in advanced “holacratic” self-organizing company governance
- Work with talented colleagues and maintain your professional autonomy while doing meaningful, rewarding work
How To Apply
If this sounds like a potential fit for you, please complete our hiring contact questionnaire. Thanks for your consideration. We look forward to meeting you!