Innovative Virtual Company Seeks WordPress Web Developer Ninja for Ongoing Projects
Ursa Minor provides world-class integral web and branding solutions to an international clientele of thought leaders, small businesses, and entrepreneurs who are passionate about moving humanity toward our higher potentials.
We empower our clients by delivering intelligent brand strategy combined with beautiful design to produce elegant, affordable, and effective WordPress websites.
Ursa Minor is incorporated in San Francisco. However, as a virtual company, our team works from various locations around the world via web meetings and online collaboration tools.
We are a fellowship of web developers, designers, and branding professionals who want our work and talent to yield not only financial returns but also philosophical and creative fulfillment. We value integrity, authenticity, and purpose - to not simply imagine a better life for ourselves and the world, but to devote ourselves whole-heartedly to creating it.
Ursa Minor websites are produced for our customers by autonomous teams consisting of a Producer (responsible for customer liaison and project management), Brand Strategist, Designer, and Developer.
The Developer is responsible for:
- Installing and configuring WordPress, plug-ins, and our proprietary theme files on customer's server;
- Modifying master CSS file and theme by integrating custom designed backgrounds, header and footer, and other graphic or media assets provided by the Designer, and;
- Testing for W3C compliance, debugging, and deploying completed websites.
(We are also looking for candidates to assist us with development of the theme itself, designing new modules, and generally participating in evolving the company’s technical offerings. However that is not required for consideration.)
- Working knowledge of Linux administration
Position(s) are offered to independent freelance contractors on an ongoing work-for-hire engagement (You would not be an employee or agent of the company). Contractors are paid on a per-project basis for fixed deliverables.
- Rewarding and meaningful role in a socially conscious virtual company
- Potential for transition into equity and profit-sharing position
- Steady, straight-forward work – great stable flow of cash for full-time freelancer
- Set your own hours
- Predictable earnings on a per-project basis with fixed deliverables
- Non client-facing position
- Participate in advanced “holacratic” self-organizing company governance
- Work with a network of talented colleagues and maintain your professional autonomy while doing meaningful, rewarding work
Are you comfortable wearing multiple hats? Nice. We also have positions open for Producers (customer liaison and project management), Designers (PSD/WP theme UI), and Brand Strategists (web branding and marketing consulting). If you happen to also qualify in one of these areas, you can opt to earn substantially more per project by performing multiple roles.
How To Apply
If this sounds like a potential fit for you, please complete our hiring contact questionnaire. Thanks for your consideration. We look forward to meeting you!